Today on The Daily Rose, I’ll be talking a little about Mitch McConnell (aka evil incarnated) and what things look like one week to Election Day 2020, the good, the bad, and the shameful.
USA TODAY: Senate Republicans Move to Confirm Trump’s Supreme Court Nominee but Blocked Obamas
Washington Post: Videos show closed-door sessions of leading conservative activists: ‘Be not afraid of the accusations that you’re a voter suppressor’
USA TODAY, “Republicans already opposing any Obama Supreme Court nomination”
CNN: Why the GOP Hold on Texas is Loosening
NPR: 66 Million And Counting: Americans Are Breaking Early Voting Records
More information from The New York Times today:
- Election Day is one week away: The Postal Service recommends mailing your ballot today to ensure it arrives by Election Day.
- The Supreme Court refused to extend Wisconsin’s deadline for receiving absentee ballots to after 8 p.m. on Election Day. The ruling broke down on partisan lines: It was a win for the Wisconsin Republican Party, and all five Republican-appointed justices were in the majority.
- Joe Biden will campaign in Iowa and Wisconsin on Friday, visiting states Obama won twice and President Trump flipped in 2016. Polls show a neck-and-neck race in Iowa, while Biden leads in Wisconsin.
- Trump campaigned yesterday in Pennsylvania and mocked Kamala Harris, Biden’s running mate, in personal ways.
- Michael Bloomberg, the billionaire former New York City mayor, is funding a roughly $15 million advertising blitz to boost Biden in Texas and Ohio.
Let us not forget…
Washington Post: The parents of 545 children separated at the border still haven’t been found. The pandemic isn’t helping.
SOURCES from EPISODE 8: TRUMP’S ELECTION COUP
The Atlantic: The Election That Could Break America <— most important read
Forbes: Trump Campaign Actively Discussing Radical Measures to Bypass Election Results
Vanity Fair: The Trump Campaign is Reportedly Plotting an Election Coup to “Bypass” a Biden Win
Salon: Investigative journalist Greg Palast: Here’s how Trump will steal the 2020 election
Business Insider: Election Timeline
The Atlantic: The Deadline That Could Hand Trump the Election
CNN: Top US general tells Congress the military won’t play a role in the 2020 election
Mayo Clinic: About Sociopathy, Symptoms and Causes
Medium: President’s Diagnosis
The Atlantic: The Mind of Donald Trump
CNN: 200k American’s Dead from COVID
SOURCES from EPISODE 15: ELECTION FRAUD
Columbus Dispatch: Voter Intimidation: Ohio may pursue pair already charged in Michigan for voter intimidation in minority areas
Washington Post: GOP Installs Unofficial Ballot Boxes
OC Register: Unofficial Ballot Boxes
NYT: Republicans Admit to Placing Unofficial Ballot Boxes
Slate: After Complaining About Voter Fraud, the California GOP Commits Election Fraud
CNN: Fiona Hill says Putin has America ‘exactly where he wants us’
NYT: The Assault on Election: How Trump’s ‘Voter Fraud’ Lie Is Disenfranchising Americans
The Atlantic: How Ugly Politicking Ate Election Oversight
CNN: The biggest election fraud story you haven’t heard about
Vanity Fair: Pro-Trump Twitter Army Strategically Throttling Biden Ads
Washington Post: Videos show closed-door sessions of leading conservative activists: ‘Be not afraid of the accusations that you’re a voter suppressor